Thursday, August 25, 2011

Edible landscaping - right around the beltway

I am always on the lookout for other companies that do what Yardcraft does. So far we have found a handful around the country, but today, much to my surprise, I found one in our backyard! Thanks to an article in the Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/realestate/green-scene-planting-a-garden-thats-both-ornamental-and-edible/2011/08/12/gIQAexUgPJ_story_1.html) written by Joel Learner, the CEO and founder of Environmental Design, I have now found another like-minded professional right on the other side of the beltway. Unbeknownst to me, he has been writing an occasional column for the Washington Post on gardens. I think I have ever referenced several of his articles without putting it all together - but now here we are.


I'd like to point out one fact this illustrates - that no matter how much Google searching of "key words" I do, the landscape/gardening community is so diverse, each subculture and generation with its own language of trends and methods, there is always the chance that people like Joel exist right around the corner. There is nothing that can replace personal connections in order to learn more and open the doors of opportunity.


More on cultivating these relationships later…I am off to Montana!

No comments:

Post a Comment